Microsoft Powertoys used to be the best way to obtain a "Open Command Prompt Here" functionality to the folder explorer. But if you try to install them on a Windows 2003 (at least an updated one) you will find that it no longer works.
So how do you add it manually? Easy:
- Open any folder
- Go to Tools -> Folder Options
- Go to File Types tab and select "[NONE] Folder"
- Press the Advanced button
- Press New, set your desired name, and under "Application to perform action type "cmd.exe"
- Accept and close everything
And you're done! You get this nice tweak (which I use often to rename extensions of a group of files).
Update: In Windows Vista this is easier but "hidden". While browsing a folder, click on the window with SHIFT pressed and magically a "Open Command Prompt Here" appears on the context menu!