It's been a while since last post, but I'm a bit tired and I need some rest.
At work I'm working with .NET security features and cryptography and, altough very very interesting, there's a lot to do in few weeks that remain until the deadline.
I want to prepare a "Security special" post with lots of interesting links of security related websites, blogs and articles, but until then, two basic ones that have proven useful in the project:
- BouncyCastle.org: What you get when you combine high level security freaks with some programming skills? This website and the bbcrypto library. Here's the list of current features (of the C# port, the original is also available for Java):
- Generation and parsing of PKCS12 files.
- Version 1 and Version 3 X.509 certificate generation.
- PBE algorithms supported by PBEUtil: PBEwithMD2andDES-CBC, PBEwithMD2andRC2-CBC, PBEwithMD5andDES-CBC, PBEwithMD5andRC2-CBC, PBEwithSHA1andDES-CBC, PBEwithSHA1andRC2-CBC, PBEwithSHA-1and128bitRC4, PBEwithSHA-1and40bitRC4, PBEwithSHA-1and3-keyDESEDE-CBC, PBEwithSHA-1and2-keyDESEDE-CBC, PBEwithSHA-1and128bitRC2-CBC, PBEwithSHA-1and40bitRC2-CBC, PBEwithHmacSHA-1, PBEwithHmacSHA-224, PBEwithHmacSHA-256, PBEwithHmacRIPEMD128, PBEwithHmacRIPEMD160, and PBEwithHmacRIPEMD256.
- Signature algorithms supported by SignerUtil: MD2withRSA, MD4withRSA, MD5withRSA, RIPEMD128withRSA, RIPEMD160withRSA, RIPEMD256withRSA, SHA-1withRSA, SHA-224withRSA, SHA-256withRSAandMGF1, SHA-384withRSAandMGF1, SHA-512withRSAandMGF1, SHA-1withDSA, and SHA-1withECDSA.
- Symmetric key algorithms: AES, CAST5, CAST6 DESede, DES, IDEA, RC2, RC4, RC5-32, RC5-64, RC6, Rijndael, Serpent, Skipjack, Blowfish, and Twofish.
- Symmetric key modes: CBC, CFB, CTS, OFB, and SIC (or CTR).
- Symmetric key paddings: ISO10126d2, PKCS-5/7, TBC, X.923, and Zero Byte.
- Asymmetric key algorithms: RSA, ElGamal, DSA, ECDSA.
- Asymmetric key paddings/encodings: ISO9796d1, OAEP, and PKCS1.
- Digests: MD2, MD4, MD5, RIPEMD128, RIPEMD160, RIPEMD256, RIPEMD320, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, and Tiger.
- Signer mechanisms: DSA, ECDSA, ISO9796d2, PSS, RSA with Digest.
- Key Agreement: Diffie-Hellman and EC-DH.
- Macs: CBCBlockCipher, CFBBlockCipher, HMac.
- PBE generators: PKCS-12, and PKCS 5 - schemes 1 and 2.
- Microsoft Patterns & Practices Security How-Tos: No explanation needed. A reference site for either .NET 1.1 or 2.0 framework stuff.
Apart from day-to-day work, I'm a bit away from coding, but I'm translating to spanish and modifying an almost up to date .NET 1.1 version of Community Server Forums, for the Ultima Online free shard I play on.
It's not the latest version, but I'll post the language pack when I finish. The forums are quite good, but there are some features I'll have to mess with because I don't like them.
Soon I'll have to prepare another exam (after passing MCP 70-340, I only have left MCP 70-300 to become MCSD.NET at last) so I have to hurry up.