The 6 kitten steps of learning a new technology or programming language.
1. You try the new Visual Studio 2008 ide and start compiling your first "Hello world -new-technology-here-" projects.
2. You convince your boss to use it at work, and the world of development looks beautiful,simple and marvelous.
3. First bugs begin to appear and you start doing "pair-programming" (trying to fix problems two at once).
4. You grow tired of bugs and problems of the new technology. You begin wondering why you didn't sticked to the old existing -old-technology-here-.
5. You become red, big and a mixture of Chewbacca and the devil. But you finally dominate the beast/technology.
6. And shortly after, the -new-technology-here- company announces a new version full of changes or even a complete new technology. Back to step 1 ;)